All dog lovers know that there will be times when our precious puppies/dogs have an accident in the house. Below you’ll find out how to best get rid of Dog urine stains and odor!
As breeders, we start potty training and crate training our puppies before they leave for their new homes. If you have ever crate/potty trained a 7-week old puppy, you know you will inevitably cleaning up accidents on the floor or in the crates causing a frustrating dilemma. (IT HAPPENS!! RELAX!!)
Don’t worry though!!! It can be taken care of quickly and effectively when you actually know-how.
But before we jump into that lets talk!!!Â
I love Teaching Moments 🙂
Now let’s say you just got home, you walk in the house, both hands full of groceries and you know your new best friend (or older dog) has to go potty, so you rush to put the groceries down and rush back to the pup to get him/her outside before an accident happens!!!
UHH OHHH! If only you were a little bit faster. (don’t worry I too wish I was The Flash sometimes…Imagine how much we could get done in the day, Not too mention what it would do to my social status lol)
Now, remember, Relax!! It happens!!
Most of the time when potty training, you’re not ALWAYS gonna be around your puppy! Especially if you have to leave the house.
Â I’m assuming (Now I’m sure we all know what we get for assuming stuff right? lol!) that when you’re not around, whether you are at work, ran to the store, had to pick up the kids from school and then to baseball practice or gymnastics or even sleeping! You have your pup/pups in a crate!!
Then I can almost guarantee that there will be several times that you wake up or just get home and its too late, there’s already a present waiting for you!! and please, don’t get mad, its not their fault, nor yours.Â Relax!! It happens!!
BTW PLEASE DO YOUR SELF A FAVOR!! DONT LET THE PUPPIES SLEEP WITH YOU!!!Â I’ll cover that in a later post though, STAY TUNED!
Now if you actually catch the pup in the act of peeing/pooping on your brand new bright white carpet, startle him with a loud “NO” and scoop him up immediately.
Take him straight outside to his potty spot and let him ‘finish up his business’ there and then put him in his crate or kennel!! Somewhere where he can’t get into any more trouble while you clean up the mess.
Many owners do not know that just wiping up the ‘mess’ with a soap and water mix, is not effective…AT ALL!
You’re probably sitting there askingÂ “what do you mean it’s not effective?” and don’t worry, I’m getting to that next!
When cleaning the ‘mess’ up, you need to use a spray that will kill the Odor!! Not just the “mess” its self.
Why??? Well, it’s easy!! So that way the pup will not smell it and keep going on the same spot, cause please trust me, if it’s not cleaned properly and if the pup has a SLIM chance, THEY WILL!!
Now we use two different products to clean up. Both work great but the first one below is fast drying and safe to use on carpet, furniture, and fabrics. Both products can be used on hard flooring.Â Â
These two products I have listed below are our personal recommendations for use indoors and smaller areas (these products can also be used outside, but thru out the years I’ve got a much better option for you, and most importantly its gonna save you a TON of money in the long run.
Want to know more. I mean who doesn’t want to save money??? Check outÂ Cleaning and Disinfecting Your Best Friends Home
- FOR DOG URINE MESSES: Powerful enzymatic formula is tough on dog urine and the yellow, sticky residue.
- LIGHT FRESH SCENT: Dog odor control formula gets your home smelling clean again.
- ENZYMATIC FORMULA: Continues working as long as any bio-based mess is still present.
- TRUSTED BRAND: From the maker of Natureâs Miracle products, the pet stain and odor removing brand you trustâ¦ because it works!
- SAFE FOR PETS AND HOME: When used and stored as directed, this formula can be used around your pets.
- CLEANING AWESOMESAUCE – Our 3X-concentrated Pro-Bacteria and enzyme formula removes the toughest pet stain and odor, such as urine, vomit, feces, blood, and more.
- CLEAR THE AIR – Why cover up nasty odors when you can quickly neutralize them with OUT Advanced Severe Stain and Odor Remover?
- DISCOURAGE REPEAT SPRITZES – Prevents repeat marketing. Helps remove the pheromones that draw your pet in for continual bathroom visits to the same spot.
- NO MORE âEWâ OLD OR NEW – Effective on old and new problem areas.
- NO HAZMAT SUIT REQUIRED – No harsh chemicals Our nature-inspired formula is safe to use around pets and children when used as directed.
Now, of course, there are hundreds of other products out there….and everyone is gonna have there own opinion on what product is best!
But like I said I’m trying to give you a cheat sheet here, to save you time and money!!!Â
But here are a few other of the top products on Amazon that you could most definitely use, some I’ve used and others I haven’t (if it’s not broke, don’t fix it right??)
Â Now for my Exterior kennels, I use a disinfectant called ODOBAN, âlet me tell ya,this stuff is incredible, check out the Cleaning and Disinfecting Your Best Friends Home page and you can read all about it!â